Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's been a while..

I've been busy, busy, busy for a good while.

Work has been one fault after another and I've not had five minutes breathing space. Operations work ebbs and flows so you have to take the good with the bad, but everytime the bad rolls around I get all bitter and come very close to resigning. I didn't get to go to counselling this week because we were running with a serious fault and I couldn't leave.

Mum came to visit for a few days, it's always stressful on me when she's here. I feel that I have to entertain her and take time off work to be with her. Time that I don't have. She always says "Don't worry about me, I can find my way around", but that's not the feeling I get. The struggle between what she says, the feeling I get and, I suppose, my need to be "doing the right thing" brings lots of distress.

I picked up the ring yesterday, the second attempt, the first time the diamonds were placed such that they sat between my fingers. Much better this time. You can't really see the etching and diamonds, but believe me it's gorgeous.



There's also been quite a bit of crafty success lately:
Gloves


A smocked gown and socks for K's baby

1 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger acechick said...

CLOSER CLOSER! We need a close up of the ring! Must.see.etching.

(nice nails, btw)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home