Friday, November 24, 2006

Don't know what to think..

So I had another OB appointment yesterday. I wish the medical profession utilised crystal balls. What is the point in going to these appointments when all they can tell you is about what has already happened? I know everything is going well because I still house the kid. I want to know about what is going to happen. When are the danger times? At what point do I call her? How do I know I'm in labour given last time it felt like a dose of gas pain. I can't ring in everytime I have gas can I? I eat garlic and onion, I always have gas. I'm scared, truly scared.

Enough of the ranting. Once again the kid (known as Wiggles from now on people!) looked good on the scan, the first time she was asleep, well appearing to be snoozing, once lazily scratching at her head. She must have been in Daniel mode yesterday. I have a scan and another appointment in 3 weeks. Mainly for reassurance that my ridiculously unique cervix is still holding up.
At that point we'll be discussing steriods and hospitalisation. Eeep. That's a bit of a scary thought, but at least I now have faith that the OB is thinking ahead.
I have further proof that my OB is a bit of a hippy, she encouraged me to look into meditation and other positive thinking techniques. I'll give anything a shot if it might help.

I have been in fairly constant mild lower back pain for a few days. I don't know what to think of it, I've been sitting/lying in a similar position for 9 weeks now, it could very well be attributed to inactivity, I'll just keep track of it and see how it goes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kaysie said...

It is so hard when you dont know what will happen next, but I the OB can only tell you what might happen. I spent my last pregnancy with 20 weeks of anxiety and wondering. If soemthign doesnt feel right go to the hospital. My stitch was placed in at 19 weeks when my cervix was 1cm. With bedrest I then carried my daughter to 39 weeks when I was induced. I spent 4 times in hospital with contractions but they were stopped each time and I was just kept in to rest....

Hope that helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home