Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The story so far...


First smiles!
Originally uploaded by bindyjjnswitch.

It has been a long long while since my last post. I've been a busy lady, this baby caring business is tiring and neverending.

Zara is nearly 7 weeks old now and doing very well, thanks to my well functioning boobs, she weighed 4.2kg at her 6 week checkup. That's 215g/week since discharge, no wonder she's now developing a third chin.

She's now looking for interaction with other human beings and grinning at Daniel and I as well as reaching for our mouths when we speak. Starting to get some fun times in there. YAY! It's not just all feeding, pooping and refusing to sleep after all!
I jest on the sleeping thing we're doing better than we were, Zara is now getting the idea that night is for sleeping and if you want to play Mum is more likely to participate during daylight hours. In the last week or two it has been easier to get her back into bed after night time feeds.

We knew that sitting breech in utero for so long meant followup and a hip ultrasound at the six week checkup, I thought it was merely a procaution but it turns out that Zara has mild dysplasia of her left hip, so we're off to see a paediatric orthopaedic guy tomorrow. With any kind of luck there will be no intervention called for just another check in six months maybe.

A few people have asked about our routine, we don't really have one. If Zara needs changing we change her, if she wants feeding we feed her so we're just following her cues at this stage. I had tried to bring in an evening bath just after her 7 or 8pm feed but that doesn't always happen depending if we've been fed or not or simply just too wrecked to be bothered.

So, an update on me...
I'm tired, some days feel pretty dark., between sadness continuing over the boys and not achieving that much around the home I'm feeling useless.
Eh, I'm wondering if going back to work at least a day or two will help, at least I won't be constantly reminded of how everything has to be budgeted for down to a coffee out. Oh yeah then in the next breath he talks about dropping $2k on a digi SLR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home