Good News Day
Yesterday was officially good news day. First of all I chased the pram shop again, fully expecting to be given the run around yet again. Not this time, our pram had arrived. Fantastic, just in time for an ob visit in the surrounding area.Off we went to the ob, blood pressure all good, baby still breech but Wiggles heart rate was sky high. We were sent straight over for a CTG and ultrasound. It turns out that she is just a very active baby whose movements were coming regularly, her baseline heartrate was spot on normal. The extra ultrasound also showed she's cracked 2.5kg and was practicing breathing movements. Fabulous! There's a very healthy baby in there.
My ob wanted a bit more information so the maternal fetal specialist popped in. She was delighted at how far we got this time, how healthy the babe was and that her very active behaviour gave everyone a fright. She also let on that my case is being used for a lecture this week.
The practice has all the images from the moment I was diagnosed with a whacky uterus, my twin pregnancy, a vacant ute shot and all the pics from this pregnancy.
I feel a bit weird about it but if it prevents another woman from having a loss then I'm very happy.
The ob is a little concerned about a high white cell count and a tender ute. This may mean I get the suture out early or have the csec sooner rather than later. I'm not at all alarmed about that. It's clear my ob cares and is doing all she can to get us home with a healthy baby, I'm willing to go with whatever she thinks. Wiggles is far and away big enough to be delivered now so I don't mind when she comes. The visit ended with more blood tests to check out what's happening.
On the way home we picked up our pram. YAY. Daniel was very excited and wouldn't let me unpack it in his absence so I waited until he came home to assemble. I love the pram but we have a minor problem with one wheel. With any kind of luck Emmaljunga will just ship a new one without too much fuss. The pair of engineers that we are were very disappointed that this fault could have been easily picked up by QA and should have been with such an expensive pram.
I'll post pics after I can photograph in daylight. Flash pictures look quite different due to night reflective trim etc.
I have a knitting update later too!
Labels: Pregnancy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home